No One Loves Buyers More Than We Do
It’s important to us that all our buyers receive the best experience possible at our shows. It’s why we provide more perks and amenities than any other gift show in the U.S. After you’ve registered for IGES, and have started to plan your trip, this page will help you prepare to have the best shopping experience when you’re in Tennessee.
It’s important to plan ahead. Below is a checklist to help you prepare for your trip to IGES. Need more buyer resources before the show?
- Make notes on your best-selling merchandise/products.
- Hold a meeting with your staff for their opinions and feedback.
- Read industry magazines for upcoming trends. Or visit our blog to watch a few trend videos.
- Be a leader, not a follower! Know what is happening and selling in your area by doing your homework! Shop the local competition making notes on price points and merchandise.
- Register online to attend the show and to get important information about the show and the vendors that will be showing at the market.
- Make appointments to see vendors.
- Search the vendor directory, make appointments with vendors, send them a direct message or plan a walking map of how you will walk the show aisle by aisle.
- Make sure you bring your resale certificate and tax ID number.
- Bring your projections, O.T.B. and other docs you may need.
- Have business cards handy, keep them with you even during social events.
- You might also want to bring an extra notebook, a few pens, and a calculator.
- Bring your own order sheets if you like to have them.
- And of course, don’t forget your technology. Bring your computer, cell phone and charger.
At the Show
- Remember to start your day early.
- Use the show planner you printed out before the show or pick up the IGES show guide to map out your day. Note the booths and vendors you want to see or with whom you have appointments.
- Walk row by row, floor by floor. You never know what you may find.
- Don’t be shy. If you see a busy booth, ask what time would be good for you to come back.
- Network! It’s important to build a group of market friends that you can have lunch or dinner with and share experiences.
- Set a goal of visiting 10 new vendors per market.
- Write your order at the show! It can be overwhelming to try to do it when you get back home.
Tourist Events & Perks
Attendees can discover an array of fun in the Smoky Mountains. Get special coupon books for local venues in Pigeon Forge, Sevierville, visit Dollywood, and more.
Opening Night Party – American Dreamin’
Come celebrate at the Sevierville Convention Center with your colleagues and other industry professionals at the “American Dreamin” opening night event! Featuring Monsters of Yacht straight out of Nashville, Tennessee as the premier tribute to the Yacht Rock genre, delivering recreations of songs from artists like Christopher Cross, Doobie Brothers, TOTO, Robbie Dupree, Player, Hall & Oats, Steely Dan, Gerry Rafferty, and more.
Enjoy complimentary drinks on us! RSVP Link
One of the many perks of attending IGES is our specialized buyer dinners for buyers from amusement parks, water parks, campgrounds, caves & museums. All dinners will be on Wednesday, November 9 with complimentary transportation provided from each event center. Buyer dinners require an RSVP.
Sustainability in Retail Professional Program
Expand your knowledge of Sustainability through the key elements of Environmental, Social, and Economic Impact. By the end of the program, you will be able to make confident informed decisions when purchasing sustainable products and have a go-to-market strategy to incorporate this into your store and brand going forward.